CHARLOTTE (JAN. 17, 2018) – AAA Carolinas honored 17 hotels and 9 restaurants in Central and Eastern North Carolina at the AAA Four Diamond ceremony at the Carolina Inn in Chapel Hill on January 15, 2018.
The reception was held in the Carolina Inn’s historic ball room. Guests were treated to a cocktail hour that included the famous “Inn-Tini.”
Four Diamond hotels in Center and Eastern North Carolina, listed with the number of years won, include:
- RALEIGH – Renaissance Raleigh North Hills Hotel (7 years)
- DURHAM – JB Duke Hotel (1 year), 21c Museum Hotel Durham (2 years), The King’s Daughters Inn (7 years), Arrowhead Inn Bed & Breakfast (15 years), and the Washington Duke Inn & Golf Club (18 years
- CHAPEL HILL – The Carolina Inn (21 years), and The Siena Hotel, Autograph Collection (22 years)
- GREENSBORO – Proximity Hotel (10 years), Grandover Resort & Conference Center (19 years), and O. Henry Hotel (19 years)
- WILMINGTON – The Verandas (16 years), Graystone Inn (19 years).
- WINSTON SALEM – The Kimpton Cardinal Hotel (2 years)
- DUCK – Sanderling Resort (7 years)
- PINEHURST – The Carolina Hotel (36 years) and Holly Inn (16 years)
Four Diamond restaurants in Central and Eastern North Carolina, listed with the number of years won, include:
- RALEIGH- Second Empire Restaurant and Tavern (14 years)
- DURHAM– The Fairview Dining Room (26 years)
- CHAPEL HILL– Carolina Crossroads Restaurant (16 years) and Il Palio Ristorante (28 years)
- PINEHURST– 1895 Grille (17 years)
- DUCK– Kimball’s Kitchen (5 years)
- KINSTON– Chef and The Farmer (8 years)
- GIBSONVILLE– Saint Jacques at the Burke Manor (4 years)
- WILMINGTON– Manna (4 years)
“AAA’s requirements for a Four Diamond rating are scrupulous, and those that achieve this designation are among the finest hotels and restaurants in the world,” said David E. Parsons, president and CEO of AAA Carolinas. “Less than four percent of the thousands of annual inspections conducted nationally result in a Four Diamond rating.”
AAA gives the Four Diamond Awards annually to qualified hotels and restaurants in North America. More than 2,000 properties nationally earn the Four Diamond ratings after specially trained evaluators conduct anonymous overnight stays or dine incognito.
Lodgings include eight different classifications, such as bed and breakfast, hotel, cottage and country inn with four sub-classifications such as historic, classic, resort and casino.
Restaurants have varying cuisines and ambiances, with more than 100 different categories.
Each restaurant and lodging that receives any level of diamond rating from AAA is listed in AAA’s TourBooks, which are distributed for free to any of the organization’s 53 million members nationwide.
AAA Carolinas, an affiliate of the American Automobile Association, is a not-for-profit organization that serves more than 2.1 million members and the public with travel, automobile and insurance services while being an advocate for the safety and security of all travelers.
Connect with AAA Carolinas on Facebook at www.facebook.com/AAACarolinas and follow us on Twitter at @AAACarolinas.