42 SOUTH CAROLINA PROPERTIES RECEIVE 2018
AAA FOUR DIAMOND DISTINCTION
CHARLOTTE, N.C. (MARCH 20, 2018)- AAA Carolinas honored 31 hotels and 11 restaurants at the AAA Four Diamond Awards for South Carolina during a ceremony at The DoubleTree by Hilton in North Charleston on Monday, March 19.
Four Diamond hotels in South Carolina, listed with the number of years won, include:
- BEAUFORT– Cuthbert House Inn (6 years), The Rhett House Inn (22 years)
- BLUFFTON – Montage Palmetto Bluff (1 year)
- CHARLESTON – Ansonborough Inn (8 years), Belmond Charleston Place (26 years), French Quarter Inn (16 years), Grand Bohemian Hotel Charleston, Autograph Collection (3 years), HarbourView Inn (19 years), John Rutledge House Inn (29 years), Planters Inn (23 years), Renaissance Charleston Historic District Hotel (15 years), The Restoration (8 years), Crowne Plaza Hotel Charleston Airport/Convention Center (7 years), The Spectator Hotel (3 years) and The North Charleston Marriott (1 year).
- COLUMBIA– Hilton Columbia Center (7 years)
- GREENVILLE– The Westin Poinsett (15 years)
- HILTON HEAD ISLAND– Omni Hilton Head Oceanfront Resort (12 years), Hilton Head Marriott Resort & Spa (15 years), The Inn & Club at Harbour Town (15 years), Sonesta Resort Hilton Head Island (23 years), and the Westin Hilton Head Island Resort & Spa (24 years)
- ISLE OF PALMS – The Boardwalk Inn at Wild Dunes Resort & Spa (20 years)
- LANDRUM– The Red Horse Inn (21 years)
- LATTA– Abingdon Manor (21 years)
- MOUNT PLEASANT – The Beach Club At Charleston Harbor Resort (2 years)
- MYRTLE BEACH AREA– North Beach Plantation (7 years), Marina Inn at Grande Dunes (11 years) and Marriott Myrtle Beach Resort & Spa at Grande Dunes (13 years)
- NORTH AUGUSTA– Rosemary Inn Bed and Breakfast (6 years)
Four Diamond restaurants in South Carolina, listed with the number of years won, include:
- CHARLESTON AREA– Halls Chophouse (8 years), Palmetto Café (13 years), Langdon’s Restaurant and Wine Bar (14 years), Circa 1886 (18 years), Peninsula Grill (19 years), The Charleston Grill (20 years), McGrady’s Tavern (1 year) and Michael’s on the Alley (1 year).
- HILTON HEAD ISLAND– Old Fort Pub (17 years)
- KIAWAH ISLAND – Ocean Room (11 years)
- LATTA – The Dining Room at Abingdon Manor (16 years)
“Four Diamond hotels and restaurants provide guests with a personalized experience and attentive service in comfortable, high quality surroundings,” said David E. Parsons, president and CEO of AAA Carolinas. “These establishments in South Carolina consistently exceed the expectations of the most selective and critical traveler—the AAA inspector. We are proud to have these dedicated businesses in our region.”
AAA gives the Four Diamond Awards annually to qualified hotels and restaurants in North America. More than 2,000 properties nationally earn the Four Diamond ratings after specially trained evaluators conduct anonymous overnight stays or dine incognito.
The AAA Four Diamond Awards are given out in four separate ceremonies throughout the Carolinas. A total of 30 hotels and 11 restaurants in South Carolina have achieved this rating.
Each restaurant and lodging that receives any level of diamond rating from AAA is listed in AAA’s TourBooks, which are distributed for free to any of the organization’s 53 million members nationwide.
AAA Carolinas, an affiliate of the American Automobile Association, is a not-for-profit organization that serves more than 2.1 million members and the public with travel, automobile and insurance services while being an advocate for the safety and security of all travelers.
Connect with AAA Carolinas on Facebook at www.facebook.com/AAAcarolinas and follow us on Twitter at @AAAcarolinas and Instagram at @aaacarolina.
More photos of the event as well as individual recipients can be found here.